Google has updated its official documentation to reflect its views of certain kinds of links.
Google has updated the link schemes page, as Search Engine Land (tipped by Menaseh) reports
The new guideline examples that were added to this document include:
- Large-scale article marketing or guest posting campaigns with keyword-rich anchor text links
- Advertorials or native advertising where payment is received for articles that include links that pass PageRank
- Links with optimized anchor text in articles or press releases distributed on other sites.
Also Google removed these guideline examples:
- Linking to web spammers or unrelated sites with the intent to manipulate PageRank
- Links that are inserted into articles with little coherence